Things that I need clarified for Leadwerks 2.5

GameMaker

Right - you just get that many workhours from people before it starts to degrade ... that's why "crunchTime" just works for a week or so.

anyways,

afaik or iirc glsl does not scale with the users hardware just like that - the shader need's to be compiled before execution and to be able to do that the engine needs to agree to a version used. That's not openGL thats shading language 100 (version 1.20.8 or something). If you can override that (by rewriting / implementing another shaderversion) i dont know and only josh might can tell.

ps: thats the short and "sick and tired to spell check" version ...

hth

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

I'm writing SM3.0 code in LE2,... but theoretically (not tested) you can do something like this:

#extension GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 : enable

inside a shader if it's an OpenGL 2.0+ renderer with 1.20 or so shader model (which LE2 is) .. if supported by gfx card and driver of course

according to this nvidia doc, you can,

but check http://feedback.wild...EXT_gpu_shader4 on the support ..

. But I would still check with Josh if this is paramount to you.

Why is answer to my question number 1 ( in the first post ) is "no" ?

The documentation here -

http://www.leadwerks...ng-terrain-r521

states that I can assign material files starting with a prefix name of _terrain to each of the terrain texture layers.

So, what is stopping me from using parallax occlusion shader ( that comes by default within Leadwerks 2.5's material editor ) within my material file and applying it to my desired texture layer ?

Please clarify.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

We don't use lightmaps. There's a few things like vegetation that only can be created in the editor.

Not really.

There's a link to the docs in the site header.

I don't understand this. You want the effects set up for you, but you don't?

So again please confirm

1. What GLSL versions are supported by Leadwerks 2.5 ?

2. What OpenGL versions are supported by Leadwerks 2.5 ?

2.1 and 1.2, respectively, which is supported by almost everything now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thank you for the clarification regarding OpenGL and GLSL. So I will have to learn GLSL version 1.2 to use Leadwerks 2.5.

Could you please clarify the question asked by me in post number #28 ( the one just before yours ) regarding application of parallax occlusion mapping shader or any other shader that comes by default in material editor to each texture layer of the terrain ?

You don't need to learn GLSL to use Leadwerks, unless you are doing custom shaders. It's a rather advanced area of knowledge.

We don't support parallax occlusion in the terrain shader. It would require an expensive calculation for each layer, and would be very slow.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.