Realistic Medium Poly Tree Tutorial

BES

The Tutorial uses Blender as the 3D modeling program, it can be downloaded HERE its totally free.

You can do a few tutorials on how the program works if you haven't used it before..

The tutorial is HERE

• Upvote 2

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Dude, use the Sapling addon. That's what I use and it is amazing. Go to User Pref. (CTRL+ALT+U), go to add curve then find sapling. Then add/curve/add sapling. You can create a tree in two minutes ( if you have textures ) and it's really interesting what results you can come up with. It comes with blender 2.5, so you most likely already have it...

here's a tutorial...

I like the idea of the speed of construction and the automated tools but with all due respect the output of that process is no where near the quality of the tree in the first tutorial. That's a seriously beautiful tree. I might have a go at producing something like that myself at some point.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I plan on making a rain forest, alien world type environment ...so the tutorial is helpful, but thanks for adding that sapling one too ..it will help.

I have a pack of 30 different tree types, tons of leaves, grass ....alien environment textures too...like skin and terrain etc ...ill mix it together ..when im done ill post it in the art section ...just trying to figure out if I want to use Blender for the whole project and open it with a GMF or do it all in the editor and just add models...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

• 3 weeks later...

The first tutorial method is good caus you have total control on how you make and optimize your tree.

What is not so good on workflow, is on the normal maps, the guy complicated things , by sculpting in 3D, as they are some 3D Software allwowing you to paint directly on the normal map (and paint masks also for the tree truncks).

The second method seems to befor high poly trees when it comes to leaves, so the first part can speed up things, but for leaves i prefer the first tutorial that gives better control, more looking good, and more optimized trees.

So i would use that "auto" tool to just speed up things if needed for the trunck generation.

There is also some special little and good "tree" generation program, but it is part of the editor of another popular 3D engine, so i won"t talk about it here.

And there was a free program also that could done the truncks, and leaves and stay LOw/mid poly, i do'nt remember the name.

Stop toying and make games