Back to LeadWerks

YouGroove

Yes, after trying to work with other 3D soltuions , i didn't found the complete control and simplicity of LE engine.

I have some questions for LE3 :

- by default scene settings saved and loaded by the laod/save command ? (settings present in the scene file format ? )

- Some event system ? loading and placing 3D entties on map and drive themby their Script or C++ code depending on names ? (im' not aware at all of what will be on LE3)

I don't know but searching for entities names in a loop can eat too much performance ; will it be a solution for that ? optimized ? like :

myEntity = scene.find("wizardNPC");

?

- Shadows on any game even AAA eat too much power , will models of 3DWorld studio support shaders at same time as lightmapping , it could be great ?(i'm not aware also on what will be LE3 ?)

For mobile indeed i bet lot more on lightmapping and use as less possible shadows as possible ( i hope we will have some "blob" shadow system for characters ? not all game needs precise shadows on characters)

-will it be some internal LOD system ? or will we have to create one ?

(Oblivion and Skyrim LOD is progressive sort of alpha to show a 3D model as you come near, when playing the game it's so smooth you don't notice it)

- Will it be some new Specific UI system ? some UI editor perhaps ?

I have also some tests on my laptop i want to share :

I have a big non mobile PC , that can run fast indeed, but developping on laptop allow you to optimize the game for decent little PC and know some limits , before adding features for more powerfull PC.

-Some LE2 demos runs very slow on my laptop, yes it's not a powerfull one, but it can run some little 3D games with shaders also (Radeon HD 7670M). Is this so much slow ? when it can run games like Trine or Trine 2 and their shaders ?

-Animated characters don't appear in my laptop ? shaders ? (for example in the game Arean Slasher they are invisible like in the game"Last Chapters" wher only the robot head is visible ?

-The game "The Last chapters" runs really not smooth , even without quality on, it don't run so fast with simple 3D models ?? I hope there will be optimisation for mobile ?

The game "Furious Franck" had some over bloom effect problem and you can't disbale it ?

I recognize the easy to use programming commands of LeadWerks with C++ or C# . You can put a little game very fast.And 3D World Studio with Lightmapping is the very best for performance and speed specially if you target laptop PC, non powerfull PC or mobile.

I hope i'll have time to show some ideas for some simple little strategy game i plan with LE2 or 3 engine.

I have lot of fun with 3D World Studio, and it's what i will use for the game :

Main level layout in 3D World Studio, and little 3D assets will be imported from LE editor.

(I'm just not decided if i go for C++ or C#)

Stop toying and make games