The Concept of a HUD

fumanshoo

LE does support alpha. You have to set blend mode to 1. http://www.leadwerks...?title=SetBlend

I have been using the 2d drawing commands to do my interfaces. http://www.leadwerks...itle=2D_Drawing

I have a library that i have written that is about 85% to release an alpha. le_gui is sadly very complex. I am very happy with it but it sits around 1600 lines of code. It supports event propagation, stylesheets, a rich styles inheritence system, z sorting/index, control parenting, render caching, clipping, a good positioning system via top, left, bottom, right and most importantly a nice api. It is not documented and there are no examples so it might not even be worth your time to look at it. If you need an example of some code that will be able to handle complex interactions, it could be inspiring.

I really like designing interfaces. I think that it is one of the easiest ways to get good usability in games that is often overlooked.

Don't get me wrong... it is rather important. I've just done a lot of it so It bores me

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

@ChrisMAN: You should show me your gui when you finish. I am way too much of a beginner to understand most of the code you showed me, but I aspire to do so one day. And thanks for the links, I don't know why I hadn't checked the 2D drawing section earlier, I guess I was just so intrigued by the Frameworks command section that I became close minded when it came to every other command haha.

@Rick: It's about time I work on 2D anyways, so I think I'll mess with that a bit. Thank you.