Invisible Particles

elcoo

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's just me doing something wrong. In the sandbox, there are no Particle effects visible. That means the firepit just emits light but no particles and no haze effect. Also the smoke generated by bullets or the tires of the example gamescripts is not visible. This worked before I couldn't find the reason why it isn't anymore. Has anyone had that problem before?

The dust particles coming from viperscout vehicle have not worked inherently since LE2.3 was intitially released. Its due to the scripts/start/globals.lua script being completely commented out as it served no true purpose. So to get the particles to work in the viperscout script, I would just replace the variables, 'world_transparency' and 'world_main', with the appropriate variables, 'fw.transparency.world' and 'fw.main.world', respectively.

As for the rest of the particles missing, I would just suggest making sure you have the latest graphics driver and perhaps do a clean install.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel