3DWS Transparency Problem

CGMan

I don't know if this problem has already been solved

I've got a problem rendering transparency in 3DWS. The surfaces are still solid, with no transparency applied.

I'm using Win 7 64bit and a NVIDIA GTX580.

I created some shoe sprites to fill a shelf in a shopping mall,

texture resolutions are 128x256, 256x128 and 256x256, file format is DDS DXT5, with mipmaps, the alpha channel only covers the shoe itself, so that all sould be fine.

I also plan to add clothing, it would be great to see the results in realtime, its difficult to work without that feature.

The screenshot shows what it currently looks like

Thanks in advance happy.png

post-5761-0-87219700-1346758372_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I do have a problem with transparency in LE 2.5. I have some 3D objects that utilize billboards and have textures where black is supposed to be transparent. I convert them to .gmf using uu3d and when I bring the object into Leadwerks Sandbox the transparent part of the textures are not transparent. Is there commands I need to set for the object or is it supposed to come in transparent and something is wrong with my models?

Thanks.

Mike

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 980 GTX with 16gb vram / SSD drives

MSI Dominator Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1060 GTX with 8gb vram / SSD drives

Alienware Laptop - Core i7 - 8 cores / 3ghz / 32gb RAM / Nvidia 1070 Ti with 16gb vram / SSD drives

My Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/michaelfelkercomposer

My music for sale: https://www.tgcstore.net/category/513?format=all&perpage=30&textures=undefined&price=all&order=default&artists[]=87213

Custom synths and sounds - http://www.supersynths.com

This is not actually necessary unless you have graduated levels of transparency. You can have full transparency in the main world, you just need to ensure you use the alphatest versions of the shaders in the material files. Look at the various tutorials available on the Leadwerks Wiki, there is one on materials and texturing. Or conversely look at Aggror's Leadwerks Guide.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++