character start point

cassius

Got a strange problem here.I loaded in my character ( a knight) in my code and positioned it in the editor using an invisible cube to mark the position called knight_pos. It worked fine until I changed the position of the cube to another part of my level.The character is still starting at the original position however and I can't see why this happens. My code is ok and there is no duplication issue that I can see.

Even renaming the cube made no difference.Has anyone had a similar problem?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I still don't think it has anything to do with the cube, but you should check why your knight is positioned where it is positioned. Maybe there is is a copy of the cube, since it's invisible as you said.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Problem solved,.I had updatecontroller set to make character move toward the player when at a certain distance using entitydistance and a unit value of 16. I changed this value to 60 and its now working ok. Don't really know why.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Yeh I've had this problem with the controller as well. More specifically with the rotation. I had spawn points and spawn rotations and what would hapen is it would be at the correct location and rotation for 1 frame and then it would snap back to default.. Can't remember how I fixed it though. lol.

Also just a minor suggestion on another note. Maybe you should use a pivot instead of a cube.. or better yet just a TVec3 variable denoting the spawn point. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!