Null framewerk

Arska134

Hello!

I am trying to do menu and game in different scenes, but some problems comes up...

For a first boot of game menu loads as it should. I select "Start game" and game itself loads as i should.

But when i press ESC (to go back to main menu) it gives me "Null framewerk". I tried to clear all entities from world with "ClearWorld()" function.

If KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)=True Then
clearworld()
Goto menu
EndIf

Game keeps running still. blink.png

Now i try to select "Start game" and game crashes.

Without clearworld() it gets back to game, but player model is invisible and old player model stands there.

So how should i reset my game probably?

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

Looks like that it's creating new controller, but it isn't creating player model again. I tried to use "FreeEntity(playerModel)", but it still not creating new one when entering game again.

I pushen some barrels around in my scene and then tried to go back to main menu and then start new game, but barrels are in place where is pushed them. I am not currently using clearworld() because it crashes the game. If i understand right you said in that thread that when loading new scene it should reset framework too.

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

are you telling it to free the controller/character then recreating a new character/controller? i said it appears to be releasing everything in the world... but i had not tried it with anything but simple examples. It sounds like you just need to use ResetFramework(), reload the scene, and then recreate the character/controller...

At this point without you posting your code or example code there really isn't much i can do but guess at what you are doing... if you want help, its always best to post some code so people can actually see what you are doing...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Here is some "code" to explain what is happening.

*Load everything which i need only load ones (engine and etc...)*
#menu
*Load scene for main menu*
repeat
*menu selection stuff*
forever

*Load scene for game itself*
*Create player controller*
*Create player model*
repeat
if keyhit(KEY_ESCAPE) then
goto menu
endif
forever

So if i press 'escape' it jumps back to menu scene loading part. What should i do before jumping there? I no need game scene no more when going back to main menu. I need to reset/delete it somehow. Now when i am going back to game it continues previous scene of game, but not creating new character model, and old one is still in scene where i left it last time.

free the character/controller

ResetFramework()

Reload the scene

recreate the character/controller

that seems to work just fine in the example i am trying... but i am also assuming you are adding the character/controller via the code and its not something that is placed in the scene via an object script...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I do not exactly "destroy/delete" structures but reInit them with scene values ... e.g. the camera gets places at an "info_player" which is fetched on scene load.

// --
  // Prepare App for new sceneLoad
  if( KeyHit(KEY_F5) )
  {
   ResetFramework();
   playerIndex01.~cController();
   playerIndex01.SetCamera( GetLayerCamera( _layer_main ) );
   playerIndex01.CreatePlayer();
   scene.~cScene();
   scene.Load( "abstract::SceneParaTropique_GTownCamp.sbx" );
   // add camera from scene
   PositionEntity( playerIndex01.GetCamera(), scene.GetCameraPos() );	   
   RotateEntity( playerIndex01.GetCamera(), scene.GetCameraRot() );
   // add controller from scene camera
   PositionEntity( playerIndex01.GetPlayer(), scene.GetCameraPos() );
  }
  else if( KeyHit(KEY_F6) )
  {
   ResetFramework();
   playerIndex01.~cController();
   playerIndex01.SetCamera( GetLayerCamera( _layer_main ) );
   playerIndex01.CreatePlayer();
   scene.~cScene();
   scene.Load( "abstract::SceneParaTropique_GTownBlank.sbx" );
   // add camera from scene
   PositionEntity( playerIndex01.GetCamera(), scene.GetCameraPos() );	   
   RotateEntity( playerIndex01.GetCamera(), scene.GetCameraRot() );
   // add controller from scene camera
   PositionEntity( playerIndex01.GetPlayer(), scene.GetCameraPos() );
  }

Which means on start of the game and only the menu comes up (going back to menu in your case) i have a default.sbx scene loaded with a controller in the background. I do this to keep some "game assets" around which keeps load times somewhat shorter and for the menu background world.

If a "CreatePlayer" has to add a controllable player or just the camera could be fetched with Set/GetKey for init_spawnpoint Vs. player_spawnpoint ... Load/Save belongs to "CreatePlayer" then imo.

a little dodgy to explane but hth ...

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

Almost working now.

If KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)=True Then
 freeentity(playerModel)
 freeentity(player)
 resetframework()
 Goto menu
EndIf

Thats what i did when escape is pressed.

Now it goes to menu. (what is oddly very blurry) When i go back to game it loads everything nicely. Next thing what i see my player character falling, because scene isn't loaded.

So can somebody explain me why it's not loading scene?