EULA question for Josh

franck22000

Hello Josh, i talked to you about the fact that i wanted to add a little modding support

for my game.

So i made a list of things that i want to do, please read it carefully and tell me if this is ok for you (and i really hope so...)

This little modding support is intended to build a bigger community around the game, and make the game life time a little big longer because the users

will be able to make some new levels for the game and share them.

->>> Ingame editor (not a separate application) that let the player making there own level with existing game assets only, no support for custom 3D models.

->>> Scripting access (i use my own scripting solution based on angel script library)

Some precision about this scripting system:

- This is intended for game level interaction only, and provide some functions to for example, turn on and off some light existing in levels, opening doors...

- The game users will not have of course access to low level things like rendering functions, mesh making...

- The game users will have acess for some functions to create new things in the level, like spawning objects for example but as i said only existing game things.

- The game users cant modify the core gameplay of the game with this scripting system.

->>> Light gameplay modification with XML files

Some little things like weapons power, range or ennemies health will be defined in XML files so the user can modify the gameplay.

I hope that it is fine for you and that it is not breaking the EULA, this is really some important points for my project.

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

Not directly but for example i made a CLightSourceActor class that are light source in the level, and i expose some function to create a light sources, set the color of the light, some special effects... Only things that are usefull for a level designer.

Same thing for game objects they can spawn some models in the scripts but only using the existing models of the game and they dont have low level controls on it.

I dont expose any inputs function also so players cant code somethings related to keyboard or mouse inputs.

But no low rendering functions, mesh creation commands (create mesh, vertex...) and things like that are exposed in the scripting system.

And by the way i use leadwerks only for the rendering in my game engine, i made my own solutions for Sound, Physics engine and inputs system.

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh