Animation non skinned

tjheldna

Hi all, just wondering if someone could help me with how to set an animation on a non skinned mesh. So its somthing like moving a box from a to b. The setup in max is fine, however when I import it it dosent move. Is there some sort of shader I need to apply or do I have to use skin for all types of animation?

Cheers!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

You can use the Blitz3D style entity movement commands like MoveEntity(box,Vec3(0,0,1)) or TurnEntity(box,Vec3(0,90,0)). Also PointEntity(box,lamb) comes handy, so you don't need mathematics when you want to move an object to the location of another object.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Thanks for that. The animation I'm requiring is quite complex so I need to do it in the modeling program (Things like cogs and wheels moving parts etc). What I did (which actually worked quite well I thought) was to skin the main section of the model added in nodes as bones and positioned them where I needed i.e where a cog turns etc and animated the nodes. The actual cog models I just linked it to the appropriate node. Worked a treat.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Metatron suggestion is nice and it can do very well..Only issue is if you wanna use it over animated characters having skin naturally..so, good way would be to store vertices position and just update vertices for each frame, but thats already done and its called MD2/MD3. It will be great addition to LE..

• Upvote 1

Metatron suggestion is nice and it can do very well..Only issue is if you wanna use it over animated characters having skin naturally..so, good way would be to store vertices position and just update vertices for each frame, but thats already done and its called MD2/MD3. It will be great addition to LE..

Yeah, want same too.

"Better" is big enemy of "good"