controllers on stairways

cassius

I have sword fights in my game which work smoothly enough on level surfaces , but when the enemy character follows my main character onto a stairway the enemy flickers violently when the two controllers collide. If I use a ramp instead of stairs there is no problem. This problem does not show up in the controller tutorial because no enemy controller is used in that. Is there a solution to this prob?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Most people would use a simplified physics representation like a ramp for stairs, otherwise you need to control the vertical movement in code. I do this in my stranded game to ensure a nice vertical progression when climbing stairs and not the sudden unnatural jump you get otherwise.

The controllers do vertical displacement as a result of the physics instantly, that's probably what you are seeing when they are on the edge of a step.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Sorry can't do videos(yet). Thanks for advice. I found a texture that looks like steps and I am using it on a ramp. looks quite convincing under a dim light.Trust me to find a lazy way.tongue.png

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++