Packing Tool

gamecreator

Is there a tool that goes through your code and files and copies all of the assets your program uses to a folder? I have a lot of models in my Leadwerks Engine SDK that I've been using in my project and would like to send my project to a friend. I found the easiest way I could find was to open my sbx file, then open each gmf to look at the material files they use, then open each material file to find every dds file they use and one by one copy over everything. Is there a better way out there?

Well, the best way to do it all is make a copy of all the leadwerks folders in your project folder, and set the abstract directory to the project directory. Not sure exactly what you mean though.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

All you have to do is to setup your project folder so that you have 2 subfolders: distro and source.

In source you have all the C++ project files and C++ source codes and source models and source textures, and in distro only what you will publish. Zero work by intelligent design.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

More specific: I have every single model I own in the Leadwerks, model folder. Dozens of trees, rocks, etc. When I create a world using the editor, I just drag whatever I want to use into it and save the sbx. The sbx references random models that I've used. How do I easily copy those to my project folder?

I doubt there's a tool out there that would work perfectly in your case. Better to make your own. By parsing and copying files that are referenced in the .sbx only won't work in cases where the models lua files load external assets, and if you load them in code (obviously). A better candidate I think would be the applog file, which shouldn't be hard to parse :)

• Upvote 2