Noob Questions

Benton

Hey guys,

I got some noob questions,

How do you add lights in the editor?

How should I structure my project? I got the needed dlls and files in my project directory. Now how do I create my main script?

Thanks,

Benton

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

You can add lights via the object menu. Just look through all the folders.

What language are you using? If you are using lua, go to https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC272E30DD2883EC3&feature=view_all

Else you can find things in the documentation & wiki. I recommend using the project builder.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

The good and bad about LE is that you are free to structure things however you want. For Lua you can put everything in your game into your main Lua file (or sub files) OR you could create model entities that have scripts attached for your entire game (this is much like how Unity does it although LE is a little more clumsy in this method than Unity). There are pro's and con's to either and it's confusing for people just starting out. Without really knowing your background and strengths it's probably easier to use Lua and put all your stuff in the main lua script that you can tell the editor to run from inside the editor. But when your game grows you'll find you want to branch out more than that.

What advantages does the project builder have over copy-paste? Does it copy everything needed? Like the UI? World editor?

Question - you say that the main lua script can go in a scene, but what if I change the scene? How does that script work?

Thanks for replying so quickly. I am used to game engines where it takes days to get a reply, if ever. This is soooo awesome, I can't wait to buy this smile.png

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

you say that the main lua script can go in a scene, but what if I change the scene? How does that script work?

Generally your main lua file is game related stuff not scene specific stuff. If you need 3rd person camera controls and inventory (for example) throughout your entire game your main lua file will have that. If you have scene specific stuff you're better off using the entity scripts for those things.