neseir

Hi

I have recently downloaded and installed the evalutation kit but it failse to start any of the tools. Have updated the graphics driver to the latest edition but i will not start.

If I compiles some of the examples using VS 2008 they works.

Is there a methode to get more information/log of the startup of the tools ? I can find some in the Windows 7 application log :

Loggnavn: Application

Kilde: Application Error

Dato: 07.03.2012 18:20:40

Hendelses-ID: 1000

Oppgavekategori:(100)

Nivå: Feil

Nøkkelord: Klassisk

Bruker: I/T

Datamaskin: neseir0-PCH

Beskrivelse:

Programnavn med feil: MaterialEditor.exe, versjon: 0.0.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x4df01d33

Modulnavn med feil: unknown, versjon: 0.0.0.0, tidsangivelse: 0x00000000

Unntakskode: 0xc0000005

Feilforskyvning: 0x02e1d8fb

Feil prosess-ID: 0xad0

Feil starttid for program: 0x01ccfc869e0e5c7b

Feil programbane: D:\Leadwerks Engine SDK\MaterialEditor.exe

Feil modulbane: unknown

Rapport-ID: dc6c965e-6879-11e1-a13b-0010a7077a1c

Hendelses-XML-fil:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-07T17:20:40.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>137032</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>neseir0-PCH</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>MaterialEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>4df01d33</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>02e1d8fb</Data>

<Data>ad0</Data>

<Data>01ccfc869e0e5c7b</Data>

<Data>D:\Leadwerks Engine SDK\MaterialEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>dc6c965e-6879-11e1-a13b-0010a7077a1c</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit (4 GB mem) and a NVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (updated driver to the latest last week).

Regards

Eirik

That is the part that confuses me. When I use Visual Studio to build a program (any example) it works. Only the tools (Editor etc) does not start. Checked the same package (trial) that I downloaded and it works ok on a portable computer I got with the same edition of Windows.

What I notice is that on this installation (portable computer) there are created logfiles from the tools but the same log files does not exists on the other installation. I only get the message about it is starting and then the message disappear and nothing more happens.

//Eirik

Could be a hardware problem. It wouldn't hurt to download Hirens boot CD and do a memcheck+, while your at it, run HDAT on the same disk and verify that you have no bad sectors on your hard disk. HDAT can also repair bad sectors reclaiming the data.

If it was a hardware problem I would expect it to occur in other programs too. I have a lot of other programs using OpenGL and DirectX and none of them got this problem.

Found some information about NVidia drivers and e.g Cryeng where there have been reported problems that repports the same information (I'm using 285 after downgrading from 295 with no success. The information specified that it had to be revision 275 that where used, Downloaded that one too with no success.

I will leave it for now and evaluate on the portable computer where it works for me (not the best piece of HW but.......).

Regards

Eirik

Your other programs are located at different sectors on your hard disk and probably use different memory addresses. It may not be hardware as you say, but checking it would at least get you closer to the problem. I own a repair center and have seen this happen many times. Even dodgy memory timings can cause this sort of thing. You have already established that it is not the GPU drivers. Anyway, hope you get it sorted. I know how frustrating it can be.

Regards

Andy