pushing a character

cassius

There is a scene in my game where I want my main character to push an enemy character down a hole in the ground. This was easy enough when my enemy character had no controller but with a controller I cannot make this work even though the main character has a mass of 60 and the enemy a mass of 5.Can anyone help?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

..try to control character independently from controller...that means also, do not parent character to controller..if character is not parented to controller, basically you can treat it as you already mention..like a character without controller...instead, try to update character transformations based on controller, and when you want to do things such as one you asking for, simply disable character update cycle and expose it to something else (in this case, pushing it down to ground).

There is a scene in my game where I want my main character to push an enemy character down a hole in the ground. This was easy enough when my enemy character had no controller but with a controller I cannot make this work even though the main character has a mass of 60 and the enemy a mass of 5.Can anyone help?

You can try to SetBodyVelocity(...) to charachter that you want to push.

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

Perhaps applying a force. But bodyvelocity would work as well. When the player for instance presses 'f', you move the enemy with a certain velocity for an amount of time. Personally I would work with forces. I think Bodyvelocity gives you more control, but forces can give unexpected (and thereby perhaps realistic) results.

Thanks everyone. body velocity worked fine exept that the enemy character got tangled up and stuck in a pillar tongue.png

I will try forces just to compare.... and remove that bloody pillar.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++