killing off main player

cassius

I can't get my main character to go into "die" animation. The function below works with enemy characters but not with main character.Its a third person setup and the main character moves in front of camera and is connected to player.( bmax)

Function kill_jane()

Animate(jane02,kj_FrameBegin,1,0,1)

kj_FrameBegin = kj_FrameBegin + 1.0*AppSpeed()

If kj_FrameBegin >= kj_FrameEnd

stopanimjane = True

EndIf

EndFunction

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I can only assume that if you are calling this function to animate the death sequence for your main character but its failing to animate that then you are somehow still animating this character else where using a different sequence which is overriding the death sequence. As its your main character and as you say connected to the player have you disabled whatever functions are normally called to provide animation for the movement.

The way I animate all characters is to set their animation start and end frames and call the same routine to animate them, not separate functions for each animation. This way there is no confusion about when to call different animation functions, the same one is always called and you swap the animation frame ranges accordingly.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thanks. I use the same method as you EXEPT for "die" anims. I just tried using a copy of the main character placed in same position as main characterwith main character hidden but that did not work either , yet the copy is only there to do the "die" anim

Nevertheless I think theres something in what you say and I will make some changes.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++