Daz studio

cassius

I just downloaded daz studio ( currently free) but can't figure how to reduce poly count of model. If anyone is using this software maybe you can put me wise to this. Thanks.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I think you need the Decimator plugin, which I dont think is free.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

There are various apps that support poly reduction (including UU3D) but they tend to work better for more standard models than for characters that are intended for subsequent animation. You generally find that the poly reduction destroys the original topology and you'll get all sorts of weirdness when rigging and animating.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I loaded a daz model into uu3d and it took an age to load in then everything slowed down and uu3d crashed.

I might try it with milkshape but I have my doubts. Hexagon seems to be the best of these free apps.

When I get back home at the end of the week I will post a link to the free app I use(I can not remember the name). It even has a option to keep the topology. It is mainly used for laser scanner mesh, so poly count will not be a issue. I have had mesh over six million triangles.

I am not sure what you are trying to decimate. If you are trying to decimate a mesh that you sculpted you are not going to have a very good topology. The best way to reduce the poly count for a sculpted mesh is to create a new mesh with re-topo tools.

The best way to reduce the poly count for a sculpted mesh is to create a new mesh with re-topo tools.

This, a thousand times, this. Especially for any of Daz's so called "tools".

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

I uninstalled daz studio .I will just buy characters as I have in the past. I am always suspicious of apps that are not used much by indie developers but as a freebie it was worth a shot.

The only one I downloaded was Hexagon. I know some people that have used this in the past and recommended it. I suspect I'll still stick with Blender but it's worth a look.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++