3D model / Powerplant

dennis

what kind of power plant? coal-fired steam turbine, nuclear steam turbine, natural gas/distillate combustion turbine, or hydro-electric? is it a model of just the outside buildings or is it an interior model? perhaps a picture of what you have currently would help others give suggestions...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

i would scale down the size of the textures on the meshes... they appear to be way too large... maybe take them to 1/4 or 1/8 scale of what you currently have... as for your two smokestacks (or are they cooling towers?), maybe try increasing the number of sides to get a more rounded look...

and for just starting, its better than my first attempts... all my models for some reason looked like weird mushrooms :P <inside joke> ;)

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

i would scale down the size of the textures on the meshes... they appear to be way too large... maybe take them to 1/4 or 1/8 scale of what you currently have... as for your two smokestacks (or are they cooling towers?), maybe try increasing the number of sides to get a more rounded look...

and for just starting, its better than my first attempts... all my models for some reason looked like weird mushrooms :P <inside joke> ;)

thanks for your reply ;)

things I should add? and are the texture styles correct?

regards,

Hmmm maybe add in some props like a bit of wire fencing to keep people out of certain area. Warning signs, barrels, light poles, silo's etc. just to liven it up a bit.

possibly reduce the specular/gloss on the smoke towers too.

I would suggest doing a google search on power plants and seeing what fan dangle props would suite.

but looks like a good start.

OMG! HAHAHA you make me crack up!

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Hmmm maybe add in some props like a bit of wire fencing to keep people out of certain area. Warning signs, barrels, light poles, silo's etc. just to liven it up a bit.

possibly reduce the specular/gloss on the smoke towers too.

I would suggest doing a google search on power plants and seeing what fan dangle props would suite.

but looks like a good start.

OMG! HAHAHA you make me crack up!

hehe, thanks! both of you, will start in it asap. and maybe will share the model on the forums here too.

just as thanks gift