Setup a new project

Ferret

Hi,

Ive downloaded the evaluation kit and played a bit with the tools, i was amazed by how easy it was to get started with the editor.

Peformance seems to be good to, i ran it on a single core netbook and created a large terrain filled with trees without a problem.

Now i want to write some code, but i dont know how to setup a new project.

I prefer BlitzMax because i used it before, but LUA will do to if there are any advantages over BlitzMax.

How do i set things up for a new project for BlitzMax.

I allready copied the mods and lib to BMax, but what do i do with the framework folder?

What i expect is a project folder where i put all mi code, art and needed files in to.like i would do for a BMax project.

How do i do this for a new LE project?

Thats what i call a fast reply :P

This got me one step closer but i get some errors trying to compile the example.

C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d7max2d_d3d7max2d'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d9max2d_d3d9max2d'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_data_data'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_directsoundaudio_directsoundaudio'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_eventqueue_eventqueue'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_freeaudioaudio_freeaudioaudio'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_freetypefont_freetypefont'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_gnet_gnet'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_maxlua_maxlua'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_maxutil_maxutil'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_openalaudio_openalaudio'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_threads_threads'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_timer_timer'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_freejoy_freejoy'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_glew_glew'
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/opengl.mod/opengl.release.win32.x86.a(glu.bmx.release.win32.x86.o): undefined reference to `__bb_macos_macos'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Development/LE Projects/Game/Game.exe 

I have the full version but was using 1.42

I backed up the mods folder just in case.

Uninstalled the old version and deleted the BMax folder to get rid of the old mods.

Installed latest BMax version, LE mods and lib.

Rebuilt the mods and ran the example.

Everything seems to work now, thx allot for your help!