Importing Animations from one model to another

Clackdor

So, I had this great idea that I would be able to buy certain models that had different animations and that I would somehow be able to combine them and have all the animations available for both models. Having trouble figuring out exactly how to accomplish that.

For this exercise, I'm using a bought model from Dexsoft that has all of the animations I want, except a strafe. Well, I picked up a model on special from Arteria3D that does have the strafe animation. I'm wanting to "export" the strafe somehow and "import" it to the Dexsoft model to use. I had thought UU3D would let me do this, but I'm having lots of trouble.

How might I accomplish creating a GMF model, with all the animations I want, using only Blender, UU3D, Leadwerks Tools/Commands, and other freeware?

Thanks!

you can try this: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/4129-animation-with-lods/page__view__findpost__p__36450

but i suspect you might still see some weird results tho... just changing the names doesn't take into account the relative positions/rotations of each bone to its children and parent bones... you might get lucky and there will not be much difference...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

As Macklebee suggests, you might get lucky but you might be better just asking for the strafe animation from Dexsoft (worth a try) or using an animation package (I use Fragsoft) and adding the strafe animation yourself. Strafe would be one of the easier ones to do.

This is where it pays to use a modeler that uses a standard skeleton for its characters as you can then mix and match the animations.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++