Texture always facing camera

nineofhearts00

Hi all,

I'm absolutely new here and have had a heck of time so far with my models. My newist issue is this; I exported a model from Daz and imported it into 3ds Max (because converting it directly from Daz's obj to gmf creates major gaps in the model). In Max, everything looks fine and I export it to gmf via the 3ds max Leadwerks Plug in. When I converted all the images to dds via a 3rd party tool (the makedds.exe gives me a dds that is corrupt on almost everything I've tried to convert). I modified the mat files from 3ds to include the dds extention in the texture names.

The model imports with all the textures. However, the textures are always facing me. I see the top of the feet regardles of what diretion I am looking. I think his pelvis is on backwards and his face seem hollow.

I'm including a zip file with all the files including the original jpgs.

Any help would be greatly apprecieated. This model is starting to creep me out a bit LOL.

Thanks,

the character model is not really what i would call useable for a game... once converted it has over 150,000 polygons. and it looks like you forgot to do smoothing as the model's polys are real jagged... and the reason the model seems strange is because all of the surface normals are flipped incorrectly...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

The reason that makedds would say the texture files are corrupt is that they need to be perfect squares in order for LE to handle them properly. 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048

Also, I had a real issue with DAZ and getting game ready models. There is a $500 tool for DAZ that allows you to make the models low poly enough for games.

The reason that makedds would say the texture files are corrupt is that they need to be perfect squares in order for LE to handle them properly. 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048

Also, I had a real issue with DAZ and getting game ready models. There is a $500 tool for DAZ that allows you to make the models low poly enough for games.

well at least a power of 2... like a 512x1024...

500 bucks? thats insane... uu3d can do poly reduction and i tried it on that model he posted but the model had such screwed up jagged polies that it just got worse as i tried to reduce it to something useable...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel