Flat plane?

Eagle

It would be great if you could add a flat plane to the solids in 3DWS, Right now you have to remove all the sides from a box to get a flat plane and I'm not sure if that even gets rid of the extra polygons or if they are still there and you just can't see them. I'm just looking for ways to save polygons and having a one sided flat plane would be wonderful. It would also be cool if you added a way to select and rotate faces on models added from the standard solids. The "slice plane" tool is cool but you could do a lot more with a "sub-divide" tool.

I love this modeler Josh!

Vickie~

tbh. i texture the whole model with an "invisible.jpg" and texture the visible faces with its real texture(s) afterwards -

so, leadwerks engine "does not" process them but i still have these faces in the model for several reasons ...

flat plane is what is called a "simple patch mesh" in the doom3 generation of map design tools which was introduced as "curved-sufaces" in quake3arena, its spline based afaik - this plus spherical, planar and cylindrical UVW mapping would be great.

and selecting surfaces by texture, selecting all brushes inside another brush volume. :lol:

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

• 2 weeks later...