Strange Error

Dan_Incognito

Hi everyone. Im converting some animated and non animated models in UU3D from Directx to GMF but when i place the converted model in the editor its kinda red and yellow like in the picture iv attached. Im not sure whats wrong it happens even if i export the model with no texture, im not sure how to fix it can anyone please help? ;)

post-2163-0-19282500-1318428247_thumb.jpg

Games before Dames.

put the texture back when exporting to gmf and then use the proper shader for the animated model in the material file:

texture0="abstract::mytexture.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_skin_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"

EDIT-- Also if you are using uu3d, then make sure you have the latest uu3d version and the latest GMF plugin. The latest GMF plugin comes with the options when saving to create the default material files for your models, including creating the proper skin shader material for animated models.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

put the texture back when exporting to gmf and then use the proper shader for the animated model in the material file:

texture0="abstract::mytexture.dds"
shader="abstract::mesh_skin_diffuse.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse.frag"

EDIT-- Also if you are using uu3d, then make sure you have the latest uu3d version and the latest GMF plugin. The latest GMF plugin comes with the options when saving to create the default material files for your models, including creating the proper skin shader material for animated models.

I got it to work thanks ;) how can i get the animations to play in the engine? i have a lua script for the animations but its not working :/

Games before Dames.

it depends on what you need...

check the bones and animation boxes if exporting a animated model

check the export default matfiles if you want it to create a material file for each texture

check the export multiple uvsets if you have multiple UVs

check all the DDS options if you need to create new DDS versions of your textures

just play around with the different options until you understand what each does, but the descriptions are pretty self-explanatory

as for playing animations, would have to see the model and script to tell you why its not working...

as a quick check, open it in the model viewer and turn on the animations... does it work there?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

it depends on what you need...

check the bones and animation boxes if exporting a animated model

check the export default matfiles if you want it to create a material file for each texture

check the export multiple uvsets if you have multiple UVs

check all the DDS options if you need to create new DDS versions of your textures

just play around with the different options until you understand what each does, but the descriptions are pretty self-explanatory

as for playing animations, would have to see the model and script to tell you why its not working...

as a quick check, open it in the model viewer and turn on the animations... does it work there?

I got it all working in the engine, i just left out a line in the script :/ Thank you for your help i really appreciate it ;)

Games before Dames.