All in one editor :

YouGroove

Well ,back to LeadWerks engine,

Just the material editing i had to use the tool ADN that really change the life in workflow.

I put a model on the material folder hoping i would find a way to attach the materail to that object but no way ???

And i dindn't succed to attacht it easily, i'll have to read the docs another time !

So what i would like in LE3, would be :

Model import, and materail editing directly under LE3 world editor !

Another point would be to be able to make a new project from scratch in any folder we choose to be the work directory for a game.

We could than add terrain , models etc ... and all that would just be created in that folder.

For publishing, only a button will Zip (perhaps with encrypting) all that directory in some new folder that would contain all stuff :

.exe files, cripted data files. Directly to be distribued !

Well just points of view from a 3D artist view, to be able to import models, textures easily and directly , and to work easily on the directory we want :)

Stop toying and make games

What you describe, is what I have planned to implement in Flow. The first version is already out, and the next version will focus more on the actual pipeline integration. The current version is just a basic app launcher, which is of course also useful, if you don't have a Windows Desktop, like me :)

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Wht do you mean by fisrt version ? that LE3 have already a model and material editor directly in the World Editor ?

Or do you talk about the possibility to choose a working directory and all is generated in it ?

I really hope it will have lot more smooth workflow like direct import of models, materail auto generated by the textures we choose, no more need to loose all the time converting, tweaking the names material by hand etc ... it's so borring, once again for a simple model with color, normal , specular i have lost 30 minutes finding the problem on workflow, exporting it , importing, renaming material!

Something you just put 5 minutes in Unity for example : you choose the model, it's imported, you select the textures directly in the object panel properties in the world editor, you choose a shader among all standard conventionnal available shaders and that's it :)

I hope to not be stucked , stopped to use LE2 engine , caus the engine itself is great !

But well i hope it will be LE3 improvments, i'm among the people that will privilegiate workflow before latest AAA shader of full 3D effect !

Stop toying and make games