Random vegetation size..

ilar81

You either have to make the models bigger (easy), or modify the shaders to draw them bigger (harder) ... The max height and slope in the editor refers to terrain elevation the vegetation layers starts and stops showing (so you don't have tall trees on top of mountains and below sea level)

This is due to the physics system not being able to handle scaled matrices. I found out Bullet and PhysX also both have this limitation. In the future, I will work around this by automatically creating 5-10 pre-scaled physics bodies that are variations of the original and using those...so the vegetation won't be really randomly scaled, it will just have a few pre-set sizes that are randomly chosen. If I use enough presets the outcome will be the same as if they were totally random.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Crytek has their own physics system, so who knows.

For individual entities, scaling will be done by internally recreating different physics shapes to the specified scale.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Crytek has their own physics system, so who knows.

For individual entities, scaling will be done by internally recreating different physics shapes to the specified scale.

This is rather simple to do even now ( I just re-create the convex-hulls from mesh surfaces on load time based on scale parameter ), but it doesn't allow for true dynamic scaling of physical objects, at best you can switch to the nearest pre-scaled body in chain, which doesn't play nice with an ongoing physical simulation

This is rather simple to do even now ( I just re-create the convex-hulls from mesh surfaces on load time based on scale parameter ), but it doesn't allow for true dynamic scaling of physical objects, at best you can switch to the nearest pre-scaled body in chain, which doesn't play nice with an ongoing physical simulation

Even LE3 won't have dynamic physics scaling without breaking the simulation, but unless you are making a slow-motion weight gain sim I think it will be okay.