Emitter Editor not working?

ChrisV

Hi all,

My name is Chris, and I'm very excited having bought the Leadwerks Engine. :rolleyes:

It's a great engine and I'm eager to start making great games with it.

I'm new here, so if this is the wrong place to ask this question, just let me know. ;)

In the 'Tools' section of the Asset store, there's a program called 'Emitter Editor' by Von04.

The program on itself works great, and I like it very much, but I cant seem to get the emitters work in

the Leadwerks Editor. :(

So, is there anyone that knows how to get the Emitter Editor to work with the engine?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

The emitter editor was written way back when LE2.3 was only a few months old ... there has been a lot of changes to LE since, not sure Von04 ever updated it.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Thank you so much for the quik answer, Marley's Ghost. :)

So, basically I cant use it for the latest version. Too bad, though. I hope to see a particle editor in the next Leadwerks engine.

Is Von04 still a member?

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I used the emmiter editor with le 2.43 without problems. I just upfated to le 2.5 but have not tried it with that.

I will check it now.

Yes the emitter editor still works with latest le release.Export your file to scripts folder.

Hum, it's strange though, cuz it doesn't work for me. :(

Should I just unzip the files into the main LE folder? Or create a seperate folder to unzip all the files from the Emitter Editor?

When I unzip the files to the main LE folder, it asks me if I want to overwrite some newer files with older files. But then when I launch the Leadwerks Editor, I get an error 'exception access violation' (or something simular).

I'll try again by creating a new folder in the main LE folder, and exporting the .lua script created by the Emitter Editor into the scripts folder.

OK, I got it working now. Heheheh. :P:)

Thanks for the help, Cassius. :)