I am new, i have questions

Matomi

Hello, I am new in this forum, so sorry if i selected bad section for this toppic.

LE3 very interesting me, I am starting artist in Cinema4D. I´m modeling game models for my future MMORPG game, so I have few questions about this engine:

Can I Cinema4D high-poly created models export to Leadwerks 3 ?

Can I buy with this engine Server and client to create a MMORPG game?

When LE3 game engine will be finish and can to buy ?

How much will it cost approximately (LE3) ?

Sorry for my English, I am from Slovakia in Europe.

Thank you for answers.

1) You can import models from any program by exporting it to a format which LE can import, for example dae, fbx, x, b3d, 3dw, etc....

2) LE2 does not have a fixed client and server architecture, you can make any kind of network model with it, for example peer-to-peer, client-server, torrent, island, etc.... LE2 comes with commands for client-server architecture, but most people use external network engines.

3) LE3 will be finished in less than a year or so. I think there will be also a beta earlier out.

4) The price is not set yet, but if you buy LE2 now, it will be cheaper for you.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I thought commercial Server - client license.

But you wrote that LE2 comes with commands for client-server architecture, so this means that I can create with LE2 MMORPG commercial game with server - client ?

Can I work this in LE3, too?

Yeah you can, but it is quite difficult to make a MMO. First you should make a few smaller games.

MMO also needs a server farm, so usually 300 servers like for WoW.

One server can barely handle 200 players.

In WoW, for example in a Molten Core raid, the server lagged already when there were 3 raids going on the same server+zone, and that was only 150 people.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I am not planning do programming section in my future game. I am only artist, but I check any kinds of engines that I was to have an overview. I will pay programmmer to do logic of game.

Yes, its true but I dont want server farm type of game. I want only one server about 120-200 players capacity, not worldwide server Game. Maybe in very long future.

Thank you for answers, I think that I wait for Leadwerks 3 engine and start looking for a good programmer :)

I am not planning do programming section in my future game. I am only artist, but I check any kinds of engines that I was to have an overview. I will pay programmmer to do logic of game.

Yes, its true but I dont want server farm type of game. I want only one server about 120-200 players capacity, not worldwide server Game. Maybe in very long future.

Thank you for answers, I think that I wait for Leadwerks 3 engine and start looking for a good programmer :)

It's cheaper to buy LE2 now and upgrade to LE3 than to wait for LE3.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.