What Trees And Foliage Can We Use...

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober

... in the Terrain Editor vegetation tool?

i keep on getting a zip error when i try to run any scene using anything... as if it was from a locked licensed pack...

--Mike

well the only tree that came with 2.43 is the spruce_2... and that works ok as long as you only use it in the editor. if you are trying to use it with a standalone program, you will be unable to do so. what one are you having problems with?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Guest Red Ocktober

well the only tree that came with 2.43 is the spruce_2... and that works ok as long as you only use it in the editor. if you are trying to use it with a standalone program, you will be unable to do so. what one are you having problems with?

you've pretty much summed up my dilema... i guess i'm gonna have to make my own trees and foliage if i want em in a project...

i just thought there'd be some 'sample' stuff available...

*** additional***

after reading i did manage to get beech trees working in the veggey editor... and they seem to compile to standalone with no zip error issue...

i just prepended the filenames with "vegetation_", and they showed up in the vegetation editor...

looking now at shadows... or, more correctly, why none of the trees worked up in the editor don't have shadows... the trees arctic circle scene has shadows!? and i enabled veggy shadows in the options... still i can't get veggy shadows in my scene...

disregard... restarting the editor seemed to do it... now if i can only get the shadows to show up in the standalone... no biggeee... i'll get it... sooner or later :(

--Mike

Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem and I didn't realized it has something to do with the trees! ( There are about 2000 models in the scene I had problems with! )

So was this mentioned anywhere?

If not, what anyone is supposed to do when he faces such a problem?!

Also, is there any other model that is the same?

Ali Salehi | Programmer

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0GHz | GeForce GTS 450 | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

LE 2.50 | Visual Studio 2010 | RenderMonkey 1.82 | gDEBugger 5.8 | FX Composer 2.5 | UU3D 3 | xNormal 3.17

76561198023085627.png

Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem and I didn't realized it has something to do with the trees! ( There are about 2000 models in the scene I had problems with! )

So was this mentioned anywhere?

If not, what anyone is supposed to do when he faces such a problem?!

Also, is there any other model that is the same?

Anything that is in the Private folder inside the SDK can only be used in the editor for testing/show. To use in your own standalone program, you will have to buy the models from dexsoft. There is a readme file called dexsoft-games.txt in the Private folder. Currently there is only the viperscout model and the spruce tree in the Private folder.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Anything that is in the Private folder inside the SDK can only be used in the editor for testing/show. To use in your own standalone program, you will have to buy the models from dexsoft. There is a readme file called dexsoft-games.txt in the Private folder. Currently there is only the viperscout model and the spruce tree in the Private folder.

Got it. Thanks. I should read "readme"s more :(

Ali Salehi | Programmer

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.0GHz | GeForce GTS 450 | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

LE 2.50 | Visual Studio 2010 | RenderMonkey 1.82 | gDEBugger 5.8 | FX Composer 2.5 | UU3D 3 | xNormal 3.17

76561198023085627.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, I just saw this thread from a separate search. paramecij, I think a lot of people would be in your debt if you made your trees and foliage (and rocks, if you have them) available. I suggest uploading them to the Asset Store. If they're decent, you could even charge something reasonable for them.