DarkBASIC with Leadwerks Engine 2?

HDD

Hiya! :D

I'm planning on buying Leadwerks Engine in the next month or two, I'm quite good in darkBASIC pro and was just wondering if coding from dark basic will work in this engine. I'm mainly getting Leadwerks engine to learn lua but was quite curious if dark basic works for it.

If so, Would plugins work from dark basic pro in leadwerks engine such as dark clouds?

Thanks!

-HDD

Someone was working on integrating Leadwerks Engine 2 with Dark Basic and I believe pretty much had it working but I can't seem to find the posts (probably because we lost 6 months of the forum posts recently). I don't believe he ever got to the stage of releasing it although I might be wrong on that!

As Leadwerks uses openGL and not DirectX you'd be ok using any Dark Basic Pro plugins so long as they don't depend on DirectX. The Dark Clouds plugin does use DirectX. You'd need to talk to the guy doing the integration for a better idea of what works and what doesn't.

Personally, I think you'd be better off using one of the officially supported languages like BlitzMax or Lua. It really wouldn't take you long to adjust to them and they are far more powerful languages than Dark Basic. There are also lots of people using them and hence lots of helpful advice should you get stuck :D. Other options are C++ (a bit more daunting) or some of the user supported languages like the .net wrappers for C# etc.

Dark Basic Pro is a popular starting point (I started there myself) but with no disrespect most people move on to more capable engines and more suitable languages after a while as you will be held back by both in DBPro.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

ah, Alright, thanks! ^^

Once I get my new PC sometime this month (or next), I will get leadwerks engine 2 for sure, It's been looking fantastic for what it can do. Planning on learning lua, so it all works out well! Thanks! :D