Devpak for Bloodshed compiler

Koan

Hello,

My favourite IDE is Bloodshed. I have tried Visual c++ and CodeBlocks but no way to install correctly the engine. Well, one thing I like with bloodshed is that you can install a library just with a devpaks.

That works even with the CodeBlocks IDE that has a plugin for installing and manipulating devpaks.

There is a way to create them.

http://blog.weinachter.com/post/2006/08/15/How-to-create-a-DevPack-for-Dev-C

Well, I am going to try it. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There are tutorials how to install the engine for Visual Studio and Code::Blocks also.

I would recommend to use Code::Blocks with MinGW, since it's the fastest compiler (fastest compilation time + fastest code), and it has also the most modern C++ version.

I think using devpacks is more work, because every standard library is very easy to install, and you don't need to create a devpack for each standard library:

1) compile the library if it's not already in .lib format

2) drag the .lib file with the mouse to the project

3) add the include directory to your project or IDE

Dev-C++ uses also MinGW, so at least the compiler should be fine. The fact that it's written in Delphi, makes me rather want to use a IDE which was written in C++. The fact that it's for Windows only, makes me also want to use Code::Blocks instead.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

There are tutorials how to install the engine for Visual Studio and Code::Blocks also.

I would recommend to use Code::Blocks with MinGW, since it's the fastest compiler (fastest compilation time + fastest code), and it has also the most modern C++ version.

I think using devpacks is more work, because every standard library is very easy to install, and you don't need to create a devpack for each standard library:

1) compile the library if it's not already in .lib format

2) drag the .lib file with the mouse to the project

3) add the include directory to your project or IDE

Dev-C++ uses also MinGW, so at least the compiler should be fine. The fact that it's written in Delphi, makes me rather want to use a IDE which was written in C++. The fact that it's for Windows only, makes me also want to use Code::Blocks instead.

Thank you. A tutorial fo Dev-C++ might be usefull too.