3d world studio meshes and textures compatibility

RemiD

Hi, :)

I have tried the demo of 3d world studio 5.52 and i like it, It's really easy to design a basic level with it.

In the demo it is not possible to import or export any meshes or textures.

I have read this page (http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/page/products/_/tools/3d-world-studio-r4) about the meshes and textures compatibility, but it is confusing because it is written that it is not possible to import .b3d or .3ds meshes, so how am i supposed to create a level if i can't import .b3d meshes or .3ds meshes ? I don't know if .x keeps UV coordinates infos...

My goal is to be able to create my building in 3D world studio, import .b3d or .3ds or .x to add furnitures, items, plants, import .png or .bmp textures to texture my building and be able to export the meshes in .b3d or .3ds or .x (if it keeps UV coordinates infos), be able to export .png or .bmp textures. (materials and lightmap)

And then when i've exported all my meshes and textures i will be able to use Ultimate unwrap 3d to convert .b3d or .3ds or .x to .fbx so that i can then import these meshes and textures in Unity3d.

Do you think it is possible ?

Thanks,

.X import works fine, but in modern engines you don't actually load the 3DWS scene, but you only load the 3DWS as a model and make the scene with the engine's own scene editor. This has many benefits like that all models are then movable with physics, and you can have the scene in a sqlite3 database so it can stream seamlessly.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Thanks Lumooja.

Ok that's good if i can import .x meshes with textures.

When i have finished my level, can you tell me if i can export for example a .b3d mesh + .bmp textures for the materials + .bmp textures for the lightmap ?

The export format is not really explained on the official website so before ordering i need to be sure that i can then convert my meshes and textures to others formats.

Thanks,