Opening scene ideas

Rick

Dead people on the ground, flies buzzing around, slowly zoom out to medium distance, then quick turn to show guy up on hill overlooking the carnage. Take advantage of the god rays by having the sun directly behind him streaming around him. Good for 5 seconds of scene anyways....

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

"Dead people on the ground, flies buzzing around, slowly zoom out to medium distance, then quick turn to show guy up on hill overlooking the carnage. Take advantage of the god rays by having the sun directly behind him streaming around him"

sounds good to me :blink:

Robin

Programmer , Intel Quad core, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Windows 7 Pro, Galaxy Tab 2 ( 7" and 10"), LE2,LE3,3DWS

"Dead people on the ground, flies buzzing around, slowly zoom out to medium distance, then quick turn to show guy up on hill overlooking the carnage. Take advantage of the god rays by having the sun directly behind him streaming around him"

sounds good to me :blink:

Robin

sounds like left4dead's opening scene... if you can create that scene, I'd be duly impressed.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

sounds like left4dead's opening scene... if you can create that scene, I'd be duly impressed.

But what would be impressive about it? The functionality or the graphics? I'm more looking for the functionality side since I suck at graphics, but maybe if I can get the functionality someone will make the graphics.

Scene: Skies high above an island, tumbling over and over, ground, sky, clouds. Rapidly spinning. Sounds of wind, a thumping heartbeat. Glimpse of an aircraft in flames breaking up in the process of crashing into the sea. Plummeting through clouds. You hear other peoples screams around you, other passengers? You remember you were on a plane, being served drinks, now you're falling to certain death, but the graphics look really great.

The ground only seconds away. Impact. Black screen.

(that's how I would have ended Lost in episode one. Good riddance.)

How about...you wake up one morning, a bedroom, sunlight streams through a window (godrays turned on). But here's the twist. You find yourself transformed into a giant insect. No, no, that's a terrible idea.

OK, you're a moisture farmer out in the desert, a tornado comes so you seek refuge inside your house but it's swept away and your transported as if by magic onto a space station inhabited by small people ruled by fear. Fear of an evil wizard. And only your knowledge of advanced weaponry (and moisture farming) can save them. No, too many assets required, but otherwise a great idea (note to self: another one for Lucas).

A tree, in a forest, camera plays around it, it's an apple tree. Comes to look at one apple, the wind is blowing. The apple falls. Camera tracks the apple but time is slowing down. The apple falls slower, and slower. The apple never reaches the ground, it just hangs in the air, some other apples fall but they all hit the ground. Our apple doesn't. It's a special apple, ripe and juicy. OK, it's an allegory of the human condition.

Particle physics. Sub-atomics (my fav). Scene: A conversation between two particles as they whizz around a large accelerator. One talks loudly about where he went on holiday, the other is bored, disinterested, constantly plagued with doubt and uncertainty, especially about where he is at any given moment in time. Everytime the loud one glances at him he jumps to a random position. See, it's educational. They both end up splatting into mirror images of themselves (but lady particles) and the resulting explosion of energy produces lots of little versions of themselves that flood the target chamber. Awwww.

Well I'm out of sensible ideas.

• Upvote 1

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

I actually like the airplane one. I'll spin off that.

First person camera view

You are in your seat next to some big fat guy who won't shut up.

You can move your camera around but can't move yet.

Things are happening around you like people talking, people getting drinks, etc.

The ride starts getting rough

Captain comes on and says things are ok and there is nothing to be worried about

You notice people saying something about their window is making a strange noise.

You lose control of your camera and it slowly turns to the seats on the other side of

the plane.

Then a hole blows open and all hell breaks out. Those people fly out of the plane in their seats.

You have control of our camera in terms of looking around.

The plane pitches forward to indicate it's spinning out of control.

Crazy wind sound and people screaming.

You hear a noise getting closer and closer (hint: it's the ground)

Big crash noise and screen goes black.

Load Scene. Camera is laying on the ground. It does some blinking (black over screen kind) and things are blurry.

The camera slowly rotates upright (you are standing up) and things get focused.

You now have full control and the game starts.

All of this is fully possible with the scripting system I have. The only issue I'd have is the assets. So for now it'll be crappy programmer art.

This will be my goal.