Sandbox -> Application Problems

PapaGwan

Hey all,

I sent Josh an email a few days ago, have been completely ignored, so I'll post my problem here, hopefully getting better tech support. Here is the problem;

I have been having some recurring issues with version 2.28 of Leadwerks. Up till now in development they have not been a problem because I have not been using Sandbox very much. The issue comes from terrain failing to port in from Sandbox into a live application. Sandbox deforms terrain and textures just fine, however when the .sbx is loaded into the application, using the provided ProcessScene code, the models and lighting load properly, however the terrain does not.

I have tried many things to get the terrain loaded, but nothing works. I have ascertained that the terrain is failing to load, not the texture, because the physics do not represent the terrain, nor does the character controller interact with it.

Screenshots;

post-351-070239700 1287432228_thumb.jpg

post-351-021272200 1287432302_thumb.jpg

It's really frustrating working with the 2.28 engine, I cannot afford to upgrade to 2.3(won't for a while), and I have to say working with this slightly dated engine while it's getting zero support is quite difficult.

Anyways, sorry to come off as an bum, but it's frustrating having my version left for dead when I've already shelled out a hundred and fifty bucks for it.

Edited by PapaGwan

First, Josh did not ignored you :D He is quite a busy man and he respond when he is having time. However, for any problem you should always use the forums.

Now, regarding your issue you should tell us what language do you use (I assume C++) and maybe post here the code you wrote to load and render the scene. This way will be easy for anyone to help..

i5 2.7Ghz, GTS 450, 8GB Ram, Win7 x64; Win8 x64

rvlgames.com - my games

RVL Games Facebook Page, YouTube Channel

Blitzmax :)

iirc is the "ProcessScene" code, you are using, outdated and does not handle terrain entitys ( or waterplanes etc. ) - comment out the very last part which frees nonProcessed ( not marked ) entitys.

I suggest to use the "gameLib" ( dont know which version for 2.28, however ) since it will keep a lot of trouble away of yours.

PS : some forum people still using 2.28/2.27, beside the lua enabled, current version.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

The ProcessScene I have does not load terrains. That might be because I took it out though (I don't use terrains). In any case, I don't think it would be to hard to add in.

The support from Josh for 2.0 is the same as the support for 2.3+ . The difference is that most users are used to the autonomous nature 2.3. I don't mean this in a nasty way but I think the majority of the 2.3 users were interested in more of a one-stop-shop engine, and writing your own scene processor would not have fitted that bill. That said, writing your own scene processor allows you to draw your own progress indicator with a fully accurate reading (Something a fair few users are still requesting).

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)