Frame Rate

Manuel

Hello!

I'm testing the frame rate of Leadwerks engine and. In the LE Editor, with max settings (included all filters activated) and 1600x1200 resolution, my frame rate drops to 40. If I add 3d models, trees, lights and more in the scene, my frame rate drop to 24-30, but the game works like to 60 fps. What is a good frame rate for Leadwerks engine?

I have a graphics card Geforce GTX 260 and 4 GB Ram. My graphics card is good for Leadwerks?

Thanks!

The higher the framerate, the better. There is no such thing as a recommended framerate.

You're graphics card is fine. The thing is that you have a high resolution and all settings on max.

Keep in mind that LE is a deferred renderer and has a higher initial impact on the framerate than

forward renderers do.

Just let the players choose the effects and resolution they want, that way it will work on any PC which

supports leadwerks. Turning down the screen resolution has the biggest impact.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Hello!

I'm testing the frame rate of Leadwerks engine and. In the LE Editor, with max settings (included all filters activated) and 1600x1200 resolution, my frame rate drops to 40. If I add 3d models, trees, lights and more in the scene, my frame rate drop to 24-30, but the game works like to 60 fps. What is a good frame rate for Leadwerks engine?

I have a graphics card Geforce GTX 260 and 4 GB Ram. My graphics card is good for Leadwerks?

Thanks!

With max settings, that's not surprising. Try turning off SSAO and godrays.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Anisotropic filter of 16 takes a lot of performance. use 8 to get much better results.

Apparently, if I change the anisotropic filter (8 or less), the frame rate is equal to 16. In Leadwerks, other game engines and games.

With max settings, that's not surprising. Try turning off SSAO and godrays.

The GodRays are not a problem, do not change my frame rate, but SSAO consumes a lot! Can I change the quality level of SSAO? it would be interesting.

The higher the framerate, the better. There is no such thing as a recommended framerate.

Yes there is. You should always try to have a stable 60 fps. Because most monitors/screens are 60 Hz and having 60 fps ensures a smooth play. Although anything between 30-60 is fine too usually.

Apparently, if I change the anisotropic filter (8 or less), the frame rate is equal to 16. In Leadwerks, other game engines and games.

The GodRays are not a problem, do not change my frame rate, but SSAO consumes a lot! Can I change the quality level of SSAO? it would be interesting.

There are some constants in the shader that can be adjusted.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.