Frepascal Object component library pre-alpha 0.1

Wchris

Hi,

Well, it's a totally incomplete (and perhaps buggy) alpha version, but i reached a milestone where i can show what can be done.

install the LEDCLVCL.lpk package and rebuild Lazarus, you should get this new toolbar

post-44-097806100 1283204804_thumb.jpg

now open your own scene and add a pivot named info_playerstart somewhere (if you forget this the sample will refer to something that does not exist and crash). Here is the sample code that will search for this object position in your scene.

post-44-052521600 1283204553_thumb.jpg

now open the sample project LECL1.lpr, you should see this

post-44-041423400 1283204594_thumb.jpg

select the SCENE1 component and modify the scene name property to use your own scene

post-44-036639600 1283204569_thumb.jpg

select the MESH1 component and modify the mesh name to one of your own assets.

post-44-014659400 1283204577_thumb.jpg

comipile and run, click button1, you should be able to fly around with the camera.

This is not much, but look at the code now

everything is coded inside events !

Many things are missiing, and of course in an alpha version everything is subject to change.

I plan to add collision events and raycast events ... and many others things. The camera object could be expanded to have a property allowing to choose between 1st person, 3person, isometric ...

If you succeed in running the demo, don't expect good support if you start coding you're game with this alpha. I have not much free time, so evrything will move on very slowly. Also, i don't own delphi, so i won't do a Delphi version. But everybody is welcome if you fiind the idea is good to expand it or convert to delphi.

have fun :D

PS: i use this pascaltypes.txt file with ansistring to generate the leadwerks header

PascalTypes.txt

LECL Alpha 0.1.zip

LECL1.zip

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM

Looks damn good and I wish you had this before I started with my project. Will try to use this in future projects though. :D

So you managed to install, compile and run the demo ? Fantastic ! :)

I like people like you that do not give up. and i'm very happy you like it.

Remember it's still an early alpha version and many things are subject to change. But you can use the code if you want, no problem.

Windows 7 home - 32 bits

Intel Quad Q6600 - nVidia GTX 460 1GB - 2 GB RAM