Getting uv coords from ray pick?

scrypt

Topic pretty much says it. I could have sworn I saw it in a thread I read, :) somewhere... And I see that it was, I believe, granted as a feature request? But nonetheless I cant retrace my steps to it, so I thought I'd just ask.

In raycasting how does one go about aquiring if such is possible, the uv coords from a pick?

Thanx

P.S. Great engine by the way, I'm liking it more and more.

The TPick structure returns the surface that the raycast has intersected so I'm guessing you could use this along with the surface commands like GetVertexTexCoords to retrieve info on the UV coords.

Never tried it myself but that would be my first approach. Hope this helps.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thanks Pixel Perfect, I tried your suggestion as I agreed and considered it pretty much straight forward.

However... all I got/get from the "int::triangle" index, that pick returns is zero... no matter which face <_< I pick.

And surfaces need an index into the verts you wish to access.

So, it looks as though to move forward I'll have to use the surface/pick normal to to zero in on the uv coords :blink: .

Thanks though, it was a good idea/strategy.

Scrypt

However... all I got/get from the "int::triangle" index, that pick returns is zero... no matter which face <_< I pick.

And surfaces need an index into the verts you wish to access.

Ah ok, thats a shame. Sounds like a bug to me. There have been several problems in the past with the pick structure population that were subsequently fixed. You might want to log that one!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++