LEO Project Jumpstart

Shard

File Name: LEO Project Jumpstart

File Submitter: Shard

File Submitted: 05 Aug 2010

File Updated: 05 Aug 2010

File Category: C/C++ Code

A very simple start up .cpp file that sets up Leo, Framework and Leadwerks.

Also creates a simple control class that creates a spectator.

The main purpose of this code is for experimentation.

I often found my self wanting to try out a new idea but each time I had to set up a new project and retype the same lines of code.

After being unsuccessful at creating a Visual Studio template, I just created this Main.cpp to quickly start off my projects.

Controls:

WASD = Movement

Q/E = Rise/Fall

LShift = Run

P = Physics Debug

Click here to download this file

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

I just wanted to thank you for this. I'm just finishing up my C# Leo equivalent layer and was looking for some Leo code to use for testing. I was considering porting GameLib or searching for some other more Leo-focused code, but this will be an excellent first test. Although I've used the tutorials in the past for testing my C equivalent engine interface, this will be good for testing mixed mode.

Although I probably won't use this until towards the end of the month (After backing up tomorrow morning I won't be developing again until towards the end of August) I will make use of it.

Thanks again.

I just wanted to thank you for this. I'm just finishing up my C# Leo equivalent layer and was looking for some Leo code to use for testing. I was considering porting GameLib or searching for some other more Leo-focused code, but this will be an excellent first test. Although I've used the tutorials in the past for testing my C equivalent engine interface, this will be good for testing mixed mode.

Although I probably won't use this until towards the end of the month (After backing up tomorrow morning I won't be developing again until towards the end of August) I will make use of it.

Thanks again.

You're quite welcome.

Glad to see people using my stuff.

Please let me know if you think anything needs fixing or changing up.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

• 4 weeks later...

Please let me know if you think anything needs fixing or changing up.

Will do (will test this weekend; a little bit behind due to scope creep) - I'll let you know if I have any issues related to what you advertise.

Before I left, after I finished my thin OO layer with Leo equivalent API I decided I was tired of checking my naming conventions against the Wiki and Leo headers, not to mention I'd need to at least re-verify, if not have to do some modifications on every LW update. It worked out that what I had was 95% identical to Leo (how many different ways can you call entity.Move code?), language differences aside, so I decided to just auto-generate the code from the Leo headers.

That said, working application code isn't as critical now as the compiler will complain when I go to use the generated code if there is an issue. Not to mention, I now get the advantange of using tested Leo code which saves me tons of testing. I will still use yours as the first test, however.

As of now (unless it changes this weekend or I find existing code), my plan going forward is to port the C examples to Leo equivalent. That way I can test raw C# against equivalent OO.

I do need to thank Lumooja and Roland Strålberg for the C header and Leo. I must admit I feel a little dirty generating code from Leo, but in both cases the effort is appreciated. I should have asked first; aplogies. But since the main goal here is matching API at the raw C# interface and thin OO layer it made sense.