Is Leadwerks Completly managed by code?

Andrew Rowe

If your game is decent enough you can allways try to send Steam an email. I disagree on the fact that games need to be on pc before buying them on console. There are many games that are good enough or even awesome without a pc version being developed. Look at Shadow complex or Toy soldiers

If your going to do it then that is the right way to go about it, things like that are best decided on and designed in right at the begining. Careful examination of both existing APIs should enable you to build up commonality and avoid any obvious pitfall areas but it sounds like it could be hellishly complicated and time consuming.

Have you guys ever written a game engine before? You seem to be planning to take rather a lot on here!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I don't think you need to implement all LE features, as the XBOX and PS3 are basically like low-end PCs.

..Lumooja, PS3 is way over low-end PC..that thing has capability of supercomputing speed, more powerful than brand new PC's...its GPU is yes, weaker than new PC GPU's new days (PS3 has modified nVidia 7xxx card model)..its about use..if you rely only on GPU to do things like you do with LE on PC, then yes, you are right, but keep in mind that such use of PS3 is WRONG, because you have sitting 6 cores capable of doing just about anything, from postprocessing tasks up to common things like loading meshes and textures..not to mention that for instance, AI of any sort will be faster than any PC newdays because its executed on SPU's too, instead of main CPU on PC's..PS3 deffered renderer (Phyre) is outstanding and support 120 real time lights at once (in sight) with no slowdown, and thats not a joke..PS3 is really..different..

If your going to do it then that is the right way to go about it, things like that are best decided on and designed in right at the begining. Careful examination of both existing APIs should enable you to build up commonality and avoid any obvious pitfall areas but it sounds like it could be hellishly complicated and time consuming.

Have you guys ever written a game engine before? You seem to be planning to take rather a lot on here!

The game itself isnt hard to make even though we havent made a game yet, but we know that it will take a while to compile all together and set the controls, and network commands into it afterwords.

we got this. :D

Bloody Rose Games

Well no-one 'has it' until they have 'done it'; and as always ... the devil is in the detail :D But good luck to you!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Well no-one 'has it' until they have 'done it'; and as always ... the devil is in the detail :) But good luck to you!

Quick question, what is UU3Pro, not even my programmer knows what it is. What if it helps, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Bloody Rose Games

I suspect that should be UU3D Pro (Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro). It's a UVing tool which is also very versatile at converting between model formats and has a host of other useful features. My primary tool for converting models to gmf format and well worth the money!

I suspect that should be UU3D Pro (Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro). <chopped out> well worth the money!

Definately, When the leadwerks 2.3 upgrade was available, I bought that with my limited money instead of the upgrade.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

I suspect that should be UU3D Pro (Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro). It's a UVing tool which is also very versatile at converting between model formats and has a host of other useful features. My primary tool for converting models to gmf format and well worth the money!

oh, ok that sounds good.

Bloody Rose Games