Delphi support

Ywa

Hi guys,

This engine really looks great and I'm highly interested in using this for a project.

However, this project will be coded in Delphi/Object Pascal. I read on the wiki that Leadwerks supports Delphi. Is this supported like any other version or can I request the header files by the developers? (after I've bought a license of course)

Thanks in advance.

- Ywa

The Delphi/Object Pascal headers should be pretty functional, although I can't remember right now who maintains them.

A few days ago we established a community organized C# header maintenance chain (so they get updated whenever the engine's C/C++ headers change), and we could start to do the same for the Delphi headers too.

That's also the reason why I posted for the first time beforehand upcoming fixes to the C/C++ headers, since the Forums allow now that only engine owners can see them, so the information flow is much better than before.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

That's great. Could you verify this is possible and that the Delphi libraries/headers are still relatively up to date?

(I don't want to spend 200 euros for nothing you know :))

Thanks for your fast reply by the way. ;)

There is a Delphi header generator here:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/files/file/83-delphipascalpurebasic-header-generator/

Because it is a header generator, it should be able to produce up-to-date headers, but I did not make it and can't guarantee its accuracy.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I just checked that WChris, who wrote the converter, is almost daily active (Last Active: Jun 20 2010 11:18 AM), so you should have no problems getting support if they don't work.

Nobody has complained that the Delphi headers don't work though, and there's a handful of users who use them, if that's of any meaning to you ;)

Besides, refunds are also possible, so in any case you won't lose your money.

Oh that's great then! ;)

Just a few questions (not related to Delphi though) before I buy a license.

- Can I release a game with this without any crediting & additional payments?

- Does that mean all costs are just $200,- per developer?

- Are there any things I should know before I start working with this (license stuff)?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Oh that's great then! ;)

Just a few questions (not related to Delphi though) before I buy a license.

- Can I release a game with this without any crediting & additional payments?

- Does that mean all costs are just $200,- per developer?

- Are there any things I should know before I start working with this (license stuff)?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

1. Yes. You can release as many commercial or free games as you want.

2. Yes. A discount can be provided for multiple users.

3. There are no other entanglements.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Licences are for life time. For major engine upgrades (not updates), like from 2.x to 3.0 there might be upgrade fees. But it really needs huge and remarkable and of course useful things to change before that happens.

It has happened only once in 10 years, from 2.0 to 2.3, because the whole realtime Editor was rewritten and was a new product, and realtime scripting (Lua) was added. But it costed then also only $50 for the upgrade, so I think the size of the upgrade fee will be always quite accurate and justified according to the amount of work behind it.

All the regular updates have been always free, and quite frequent too (there is even a sync tool similar to git, which you can run daily to get the newest updates). Quite often the regular updates contain also remarkable new features, like for example the infinite vegetation feature (like speedtree).