Font questions

AggrorJorn

I have a few questions around fonts and font sizes. According to the wiki, LE has only 1 font with fixed size available: Arial9.

http://www.leadwerks.com/wiki/index.php?title=LoadFont

I seem to recall from the old forum that several other fonts were supported like calibri and Tahoma. Anyway this would mean that for every different font and different size, I would have to create a new dds and ini?

I have a few questions around fonts and font sizes. According to the wiki, LE has only 1 font with fixed size available: Arial9.

http://www.leadwerks.com/wiki/index.php?title=LoadFont

I seem to recall from the old forum that several other fonts were supported like calibri and Tahoma. Anyway this would mean that for every different font and different size, I would have to create a new dds and ini?

Suggestion:

You could use FontHeight and TextWidth functions to dynamically resize things

depending on current font

AV MX Linux

I thought both of those just actually returned the height and width, not actually set them?

Yes. They are only returning values.

What I was thinking of that you could use those values to

resize the surroundings, like a text field height and width.

AV MX Linux

Oops. Sorry. When i good remember, for lua exist clibs - luagl and luaglu, but i newer tried it from LE - maybe don't work becuase LE has LUA interpreter included to core of LE.

[HW] C2D Q6600, 4GB RAM, NV8800GTX, Vista Ultimate x64

[sW] Blide Plus, BlitzMax, Delphi, C++, 3DWS 5.53, Leadwerks 2.xx

76561197970156808.pngAndyGFX.png

From my experience FontHeight() and TextWidth() are not returning correct values when using any font other than the Arial9 that comes with the engine. So i advise you to test the functions before you start relying on them. Maybe it has been fixed or i was wrong, dunno.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

From my experience FontHeight() and TextWidth() are not returning correct values when using any font other than the Arial9 that comes with the engine. So i advise you to test the functions before you start relying on them. Maybe it has been fixed or i was wrong, dunno.

Yes DaDonik you are right. I have now tested and they are not returning the correct values.

I found this when setting the max length of my Editboxes in my Cells C++ GUI. TextWidth return

incorrect values.

AV MX Linux