Space Junk

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober

i mean big space junk... like the moon... or mars...

can the current lighting (directional) provide the proper sun lighting for a space scene where a planetary body needs to be lit like in the attached pic below... or am i gonna need a "planet" shader...

so far i can't seem to set up the editor with the proper settings... i can't get the directional light to light the front facing part and shadow the part of the moon facing away from it (the dark side)...

i've extended the range of the light... point lights don't seem to be made for this as their ranges are limited to 100 (in the editor)...

anyone else try something like this...

thx

--Mike

post-65-12741131661187_thumb.jpg

i can't get the directional light to light the front facing part and shadow the part of the moon facing away from it (the dark side)...

Why wouldn't this work?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Back before I switch to making a RPG I was creating a space game. This is where I got planet wise. The planets them selfs are huge and are lit by a single light source.

Ignore earth in the background though, it had issues after I messed with the lighting.

post-530-12741709943464_thumb.jpg

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

Guest Red Ocktober

great looking shot Quan...

i did finally manage to get something working with a single directional light... though it was diffused textured only...

i think my bumpmap is causing the problems... too reflective... i'm gonna try again later today... the moon and mars...

--Mike