LE draw context inside picture box?

Rick

I'm going to start a small experiment to create a small editor that has a game structure to it and uses C# as the scripting languages. Was there an example out there that shows how to get LE's window into a picture box defined in C#?

I can't figure out how the control works. Do I need anything special?

All I see is the dll. Isn't there supposed to be like an ocx or something?

When I try to run the Leadwerks_Forms_Test I get an error:

Visual Studio cannot start debugging because the debug target '...' is missing. Please build the project and retry, or set the outputpath and assembly name properties appropriately to point to the correct location for the target assembly.

The program compiles already so not sure what's up.

Is your Working Directory pointing to a folder containing the DLLs?

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

OK, I got it. Gave me some error about attempted to read or write protected memory, but if I hit continue it seems to work somewhat. I have a the scene with falling cubes, but I also have a black 2D square in front of that.

I can run the exe directly, but not from the editor. Guessing it's because of the protected memory error I get when I run directly. I assume it's doing the same thing from VS but it won't let me get passed it in VS.

Looks like it's erroring in Leadwerks.Core.CreateBuffer().

Looks like I didn't have 2.32 engine.dll. All good now. Still not really sure what's up with this black box. It seems to be the LETKControl. If I turn it invisible it doesn't seem to matter. If I move it it doesn't seem to matter, it just goes back to where it was originally.

hmm, even if I delete it it's still there when I run. Wtf is up with that?

If you are using 2.32 (or even the latest 2.31) and then re-added reference to the latest Leadwerks.DLL then you may experience some access violation because of some changes to the functions definition (may be those I already updated to the wrapper but not on the control). I will test the control in a few hours and then I may help you in this :unsure:

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com