Rendering pipeline question

Nevadaes

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask you guys a question about the rendering pipeline of the Leadwerks Engine. I was asking myself if calculations such as backface culling, view frustum, polygons occlusion and scene management techniques such as octrees or binary space partitioning trees were use in the rendering call or if I had to do them myself separately then don't render the concerned triangles?

Thanks, have a nice day.

I believe backface culling is done automatically by the engine before any triangles are rendered unless the material being used for the surface says otherwise. I would think that view frustum visibility testing should be done before any occlusion testing since it is cheaper then polygon occlusion testing and I believe that every model is occlusion unless otherwise stated. Octrees will be used in 2.32 but I don't remember in what capacity. Anyway hope that helps out a little bit.

Intel 2nd Generation i5 Quad Core Running at 3.30GHz. 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 460 1024MB DDR5.

Leadwerks has an advanced and highly optimized occlusion system utilizing all the techniques discussed here.

The entity rendering routine uses an octree, and the vegetation uses a method so advanced I can't even explain it in words. But it works and it is really fast.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thanks for the replies you wrote.

I have another question, it doesn't concern the rendering pipeline, but network, and instead of creating a new thread I thought I would post the question there.

Is networking supported by the Leadwerks engine Version 2.28? If it does, is it fast or, for a multi-player only game, I would benefit more from using a network library, such as RakNet? Because I see that the commands are in the wiki, and I try to use them, but I haven't any tutorials nor proper documentation for them.

Thanks for the replies you wrote.

I have another question, it doesn't concern the rendering pipeline, but network, and instead of creating a new thread I thought I would post the question there.

Is networking supported by the Leadwerks engine Version 2.28? If it does, is it fast or, for a multi-player only game, I would benefit more from using a network library, such as RakNet? Because I see that the commands are in the wiki, and I try to use them, but I haven't any tutorials nor proper documentation for them.

I am using RakNet with 2.31 and I have a master server, master client, dedicated server and client set up for my multiplayer component. I have no idea how to use the netwerk library.

Intel 2nd Generation i5 Quad Core Running at 3.30GHz. 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 460 1024MB DDR5.

I thought about it for a while (and discussed it as well, with other people), if I want to use the network commands included in the Leadwerks engine, is there any tutorials available? Are they fast and easy to use? I'd like to know more, please.