Enemy Gun Firing, Death and Progress

mdgunn

Still working on enemy weapons.  Not too far off having missile, gun and melee working (gun firing shown below). Currently working on enemy attacking player but should be able to get missile, gun and melee working for player.   Using existing default script methods of projectiles and weapon prefabs.  Enemy is switched to use Solder AI. We could do something completely different than using standard scripts if someone thinks they have better scripts but for now I'll continue using these as I'm not really expending time writing them.

gun_shooting.thumb.png.03d41b67e235adf914ae1cd453accf38.png

Enemy has a death animation now but of course this enemy isn't even supposed to necessarily IN the game so I'm not wasting too much time worrying about this, just refreshing my small knowledge of animation in blender and into LW.

enemy_death.thumb.png.442650f0d4e3a95149ee73722a66db3d.png

So hopefully in a few more days there will be the basics of enemies in the game which can melee, fire guns or rockets and the player can do the same (with mostly the same stuff).  The hope is that the weapons, projectiles and explosions are all separate prefabs so these can all be separate things shared by enemies AND players. The white gun above is NOT part of the tank but mounted on it as a separate prefab.  

This isn't all there yet and maybe it will end up taking some more time to get all done so maybe I will do some more updates in a bit before it is complete.

Maybe after this is all done people can jump in and use some of what we have so far to construct some play area, come up with their own enemies, weapons and ammo etc and this may help us move forwards some more with an action portion of the game.

• Like 1