Vegetation Painter

Slimwaffle

Hi guys. I was just wondering if there is a way to load prefabs into the vegetation painter? Due to the nature of the game I am creating I need to be able to attach scripts to the trees and rocks and so on. But placing each rock and tree by hand can be tedious on a massive map.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 7:14 PM, slimwaffle said:

Hi guys. I was just wondering if there is a way to load prefabs into the vegetation painter? Due to the nature of the game I am creating I need to be able to attach scripts to the trees and rocks and so on. But placing each rock and tree by hand can be tedious on a massive map.

• Like 1

This was a very helpful video. But doesn't address my issue. Because vegetation painter only recognises unscripted .mdl files and I want to use scripted .pfb files.  Is there an option for an object brush maybe? Where I can place scripted and saved .pfb files with out having to place every single one by hand. Because using the prefix Vegetation_ did nothing.

Short answer: No. As it stands, the vegetation paint tool was meant for placement of thousands of static models not prefabs into a scene.

Long answer: There may be things that could be done as a work around for what you want. Explain what these scripts you are wanting to attach to the trees and rocks would do.

Example of affecting painted vegetation in a scene with a script from the old LE2 days:

• Like 2

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Thanks mate. So I am making a crafting game and basically everything in game has a generic item.lua script that interacts with my other scripts and allows objects to be moved/rotated and scrapped and stores how much of each material is added to your inventory for each object.