Missing vertex group

Nexerade

Go to solution Solved by macklebee,

image.thumb.png.d4c99b626ff765b3abdf793f9a4b0823.pngSo I've made mesh with arms and pistol, but for some reason there are no gunmainbody geometry, even though it's bone is here, cause it's 1 way higher than gunslide and gunmag

I thought maybe it's cause it's a parent to 2 childs, so I removed gunmag and still have same problem. 

image.thumb.png.cc8a76ec2212024ded05c286fa34f933.png

That's how it looks in blender. 

Hm... I've pressed Physics->Poly Mesh and got this. Which means that mesh is still there? image.png.462e78f0017503edddb5bf3bc0a06c3e.png

If imported in blender or milkshape - that vertex group is there and visible. 

I am not silly. My english is just not really great. T_T

But I'm learning! :D

It would help if we could get the model to look at, but if I had to guess - it looks like you need to invert the normals on those faces prior to export from blender.

Another thing to try is to add actual materials to the meshes. Make the material for the gun 2sided to see if it shows up. But more than likely the face is just inverted on the model so when imported the face appears invisible because you are viewing it from the backside.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

• Solution

First thing I see is that the parts that are not visible in LE are not part of the animated hands. You do not appear to have weighted their vertices to the hand movement. Also, the parts not seen have their faces inverted. You can see this in the mdl version I created where I had fixed the gun model not being weighted completely to the hand model animation. Open up in the model editor, click Tools>Flip Faces and you will see your missing faces.

If you fix the weighted vertices issue and flip the faces on those parts in your modeling program, it should look correct.

m9_hands_modified.mdl

• Like 2

macklebee's channel

Well basically all problem was in weights. I had 2 vertex groups with same name, and 1 of these groups was empty, so that's what caused problems. However there were no problems with normals or faces. 

3 hours ago, Nexerade said:

However there were no problems with normals or faces. 

Glad to hear you fixed the issue simply by fixing the weighting, but the model definitely did have problems with the faces in LE. They were inverted which is why you could not see them unless you flipped the faces in the Model Editor.

macklebee's channel

That's weird, because I flipped them in Model Editor by pressing "Flip Faces" and it didn't change anything. or at least it didn't show missing part. I am sureI did it, because I pressed Poly Mesh after I pressed every other thing. Now trying to find tutorial on how to make prefab weapons; I've seen tutorial on youtube year ago but can't find it now.