Items to Inventory?

havenphillip

Hey Community. I'm new to Leadwerks and I've been going through Aggror's Project Saturn and I got stuck at a point where I was unable to put items in the inventory. I moved some things around and found some scripts and got it to work but now my problem is I don't know how to add just one item to the inventory. It just adds the item to any open slot. I'm sure it's something dumb that I would never guess because I'm new to programming. I have the Player Inventory script attached to the Bottle the Inventory Item script is being imported to the Player Inventory. Also, it is saying System:Print("We place the bottle in the inventory") so I'm assuming I'm close. Could someone please help me out with this?

Amidoingthisrightlol.png

Bottle Script.png

Inventory 1.png

Inventory 2.png

Item Table.png

Nice. A response from the man himself.

I did what you said and I didn't have any luck initially but I messed with it some more and for whatever reason ended up also changing the self:AddItem(item) in the PostRender function to self:AddItem(self.item) to see what would happen and those two changes seem to have done it. I have no idea why but It appears to be working perfectly now.

Thanks, man!