Problems with the new 10.3 ATI Drivers ?

Quan

I was showing a family member today the stuff I had been doing but every time I went to load my game made in Blitzmax the engine would crash loading the scene with a exception_error ( can't quite remember the wording ). The editor would also do this about 10% of the time loading a scene.

I rolled back to the 10.2 drivers and the problem went away.

Has anyone else experienced this. I have a ATI 4870.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

It was really odd, I updated the driver during the week to see if it fixed the Bad Company 2 flickering texture bug ( which it didn't ) and I hadn't touched my code since last weekend. Then when trying to demo my game it just randomly crashed. In blitz max it would fail to load 95% of the time, I did manage to get it to load once. Also the LE Editor was doing the same but less often.

Anyway rolling back cleared up the problem.

I'll give the Opengl 4 beta driver a go to see if it helps.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

Quan what version of the 10.3 you use

as there was a 10.3b that fixed you Bad Company 2 texture bug

then there was the released driver and older 10.3 preview

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

I have the Windows XP version, I see that there is a new preview release that does fix the flickering texture bug which is vista/7 only at the moment. I'll wait for this to come out for XP then give it a go.