Is there any water creating tutorials?

Tomas

Hi, is there any water creation tutorial? I have water shader supplied with engine, tried to attach it to plane and it didnt worked for me. Also i downloaded "Inexpensive water" from workshop. Also no sucess. Can someone advice me how to use it.

If you are wanting global water (water everywhere of a SINGLE specific level) then you want the scene water as previously indicated.

If you want some local water perhaps at different levels (e.g. various pools) then the cheap water may do it for you.

You need to apply the material that is downloaded with the asset to a CSG brush - the primitive objects you build a level with (e.g. a cube), BUT then you need to go into the script tab for that object and set up the cheap water script that came with the material. It is the script that will animate the texture.

You might want to play around with the scale of the texture or the speed that the script is animating at to get it how you want. Also I think the cheap water can use environment probes so put a probe in the room/area with the pool and build global illumination (in tools menu I think?) and I think you will get some blurred reflections. You may need to experiment a bit.

• Upvote 1