Making a game?

Rumpe

Hey, i want to make a game. The game will be like this.

You are a prisoner and then you will have to brak out of the prison and the map will be really big. And there will be guards that will try to stop you from breaking out of the prison. But im kinda new to this game making. But i dont know if this engine will work for my game. And i dont know how i would get the textures for the jail door and the guards.

Please let me know if you know away

Hi Rumpe,

Sounds like a nice game concept and it is certainly doable in Leadwerks. Leadwerks can pretty much make any genre of game so you are good.

• Upvote 2

Thanks AggorJorn for the help.

I will try my best to make this game.

I have a friend who know how to model but i have no idea how to do it. But i will try to find as much royalty free stuff as possible. But im worid about pathfinding and how the ai will react. For example if i hide behind a box i dont want them seeing me. Just a small example.

Thanks again

I would start of as simple as possible right now. First go through all the tutorials and make sure that you understand how the editor works. When you are done with the official tutorials, start mapping out the level design of your game.

I wouldn't worry about the pathfinding untill you get there. That said, the editor has an integrated navmesh generator which is used for pathfinding. The standard AI script on the crawler should would be a great place to start. It already does a lot of the things you probably want. For help on adjustments you can always ask on the forum. But first try out the editor.